May 6, 2011

Another "Welcome to Earth" Moment



Today I had a punch to the gut, welcome to earth moment when I realized: my job has the potential to make me the controlling, OCD, psycho that guys never want to be around.

Being in education is sometimes so stressful, always having to keep track of what goes on at work and then bring it home at the end of the day, its like having two of everything. There is my home and my work home, my family and my work family, there are my kids (for now, my dog) and my work kids, my housework and my classwork. It is insane!

It's like I can never do anything right at work. If it's not that I am not hearing the whining and complaining and laziness and disrespect of my students, its hearing about some weird new law that is made to increase my work load, lower my pay, and highlight everything I am supposedly doing wrong. Then, on my own time, I can't help but be hyper-sensitive and with a very low tolerance for anything that may frazzle my nerves even remotely. Or, if I am not is a bad mood, I am usually way too tired or I have too much on my to-do list to go out?

Is it possible that my job is making me anti-social and emotionally unattractive to men? If so, how do I find balance when it is so difficult not to take my work mentally home with me because my work has to come home with me? How do I not let life under the microscope at work translate to damaged self-esteem in my everyday life? Do I always have to wait for summer vacation to date and go out as a stress free, normal woman?

Image retrieved on May 7, 2011 through Creative Commons, Inc. from http://www.flickr.com/photos/evilerin/3432443535/

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousMay 06, 2011

    Your posts are encouraging, insightful, humorous, and even convicting. Keep them coming!

    ~B

    ReplyDelete